Code of Conduct for The Tourists Traveling to Sikkim
While at Makaibari I took a look at the official guide to visiting Sikkim, that special state just north of Darjeeling.
Highlights of their rules:
- Do not embarrass others by relieving yourself in public; use toilets
- Please do not spit; it’s a disgusting habit that spreads diseases
- Honking is a bad manner; please discourage excessive use of motor horns.
- Do not pick flowers any uproot plants; they look better where they are.
- Why don’t you plant a tree before you leave.