In 2018 I started a “salon” style event, inviting 2-3 participants each time to present photography and experiences from their travels. In the last years, I felt that viewing small, photographs via the internet and social media was not a fulfilling experience.
My goals in hosting these events are:
- To provide a space for people to show their photography on a large, bright screen.
- To provide a space for people to share their stories and experiences of traveling, allowing people to hear directly from people.
- To gather people who are interested in travel, encourage further travel, bring awareness to the great variety of destinations in the world.
Events and topics in 2018 included:
3 presenters in January:
- Multiple locations in Latin America
- A journey in Darjeeling and southern India.
3 presenters in February:
- A train journey from Beijing to Moscow
- Observations in Hong Kong
- eEveryday topics of fruit and signage from multiple destinations.
3 presenters in April:
- Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
3 presenters in August:
- Sichuan, China
- viewpoints of architecture while traveling
- Warsaw, Poland
2 presenters in October:
- Observations of written languages while traveling
- Landscape tradition in Australian painting and its influence on observations during travel.
I select speakers based on our conversation about their experiences and quality of photographs. Events will continue in 2019 in Berlin.