What I do: consulting for individuals and teams in the following areas:
- Projects: Extensive experience on planning, executing projects on a variety of topics, generally between small to medium sized teams.
- Quality Assurance: High and detailed user testing and reporting of web, desktop, and mobile applications.
- HR: Working closely with Managers and Directors on people placement and development, conducting on-boarding for new hires.
- Events: Overseeing the various parts needed to conduct a successful gathering (whether meeting or conference) from start to finish.
- Presentations: Design/Coaching, as a way to establish guidelines in an office, or help people showcase their projects and talents.
- Writing: Internal and External communications, Product documentation, Training materials. English copy editing.
Talks & Presentations:
- LOVCON Zürich: The Future of Love. 05.2012
- edenspiekermann_: Tea & Travel. 06.2013
- Up.Front: A Presentation About Presenting. 11.2014
- Pecha Kucha: A Visual Taste of Tea. 05.2014
- Creative Mornings: Love your Tools! 02.2017
- Up.Front: A little bit of Awareness. 04.2017
- Auspicious Plastic (radio interview). 04.2017
- Up.Front: Communication is/not Documentation. 09.2018
- Berlin Travel Night: Dreaming of Tea in Darjeeling. 10.2018
- Berlin Tea Festival: From Darjeeling to Nilgiri. 11.2018
teambay GmbH, 2015 –
- Operations Management: Working alongside stakeholders and the development team to plan, test, deploy, document, and communicate everything related to our app.
MyFonts.com, 2013 –
- Foundry Review Team: Working with the Foundry Relations Manager to oversee the operation and communication of a team of type specialists who evaluate and critique new font submissions.
P & T – Paper & Tea GmbH, Berlin. 2014-2015
- Evaluation and Reporting: Current and new offerings of Tea via tasting sessions.
- Training: Conducted regular, ongoing sessions with internal staff across the entire company, as well as clients in hospitality with a focus on baristas. Development and writing of training materials.
FontShop International, San Francisco. 2005-2013
- TYPO Design Conference, San Francisco: Co-Director, leading vendor and venue management, conference audio/visual technics, web site content, relationships with our speakers, and the budget.
- Marketing & Design: Overseeing the creation and the back-end operations of email newsletters, production of advertisements and editorial in print efforts, mastering the marketing budget, and supporting the flow of communication between our creatives and web developers.
- Web Development & QA: Planning development milestones with the development team, overseeing QA efforts and ongoing bug fixes, owning the Release Management process and corresponding communication.
- Office Management: Managed everything through our office renovation project, curated and installed a gallery of photography from employees, took care of all plants.
University: University of California, Santa Cruz. Business Management Economics (BA), 2004 Language:
- English: mother tongue
- German: B1.2-B2.1
- Born and raised Bay Area, California
- Lived in San Francisco 2005-2013
- Private Pilots License, USA. October 2011
- Host of Travel Photographs & Presentations series, Berlin (recent event)