What I do: consulting and coaching for individuals and teams in the following areas:
- Life Coaching: Helping people move forward on topics of life, work, and more. I am now welcoming new clients. Certified Transformational Life Coach, Animas UK, December 2020.
- Scrum Master: Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Master Alliance, October 2022. Also venturing more towards coaching in Agile methodologies/values.
- Projects: Extensive experience on planning, executing projects on a variety of topics, generally between small to medium sized teams.
- HR: Working closely with Managers and Directors on people placement and development, conducting on-boarding for new hires.
- Events: Overseeing the various parts needed to conduct a successful gathering (whether meeting or conference) from start to finish.
- Presentations: Design/Coaching, as a way to establish guidelines in an office, or help people showcase their projects and talents.
- Writing: Internal and External communications, Product documentation, Training materials. English copy editing.
Talks & Presentations:
- LOVCON Zürich: The Future of Love. 05.2012
- edenspiekermann_: Tea & Travel. 06.2013
- Up.Front: A Presentation About Presenting. 11.2014
- Pecha Kucha: A Visual Taste of Tea. 05.2014
- Creative Mornings: Love your Tools! 02.2017
- Up.Front: A little bit of Awareness. 04.2017
- Auspicious Plastic (radio interview). 04.2017
- Up.Front: Communication is/not Documentation. 09.2018
- Berlin Travel Night: Dreaming of Tea in Darjeeling. 10.2018
- Berlin Tea Festival: From Darjeeling to Nilgiri. 11.2018
Staffbase, 2020 –
- Scrum Master for the People Analytics Team. Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance October 2020.
Life Coaching, 2020 –
- Working with clients on a freelance basis, helping them find ways to move forward.
teambay GmbH, 2015-2020
- Product Development Consulting: Working with stakeholders and developers to evolve the teambay platform. This includes coaching with the product team on the development of new features from scoping to deploy, and the further refining of current features.
- Evaluation and Support: Working with the Foundry Support team for MyFonts.com to review incoming product submissions, provide feedback to foundries, continually define acceptance/rejection criteria for new submissions, contribute to the creation of support documentation.
P & T – Paper & Tea GmbH, Berlin. 2014-2015
- Evaluation and Reporting: Current and new offerings of Tea via tasting sessions.
- Training: Conducted regular, ongoing sessions with internal staff across the entire company, as well as clients in hospitality with a focus on baristas. Development and writing of training materials.
FontShop International, San Francisco. 2005-2013
- TYPO Design Conference, San Francisco: Co-Director, leading vendor and venue management, conference audio/visual technics, web site content, relationships with our speakers, and the budget.
- Marketing & Design: Overseeing the creation and the back-end operations of email newsletters, production of advertisements and editorial in print efforts, mastering the marketing budget, and supporting the flow of communication between our creatives and web developers.
- Web Development & QA: Planning development milestones with the development team, overseeing QA efforts and ongoing bug fixes, owning the Release Management process and corresponding communication.
- Office Management: Managed everything through our office renovation project, curated and installed a gallery of photography from employees, took care of all plants.
- University of California, Santa Cruz. Business Management Economics (BA), 2004
- American English: mother tongue
- German: B2/C1
- Born and raised Bay Area, California
- Lived in San Francisco 2005-2013
- Private Pilots License, USA. October 2011
- Host of “What We See” series, Berlin